Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Thursday, October 23, 2014

And so it ends...

Dear Family,

Well...it's all over.  My mission has come to an end and now it's just a distant dream.  Although I've moved on (besides the occasional flashbacks), I still love and will always remember the people I met in Honduras.  My mission was a very special time for me full of growth in many different ways.  I learned things I will never forget.  For those of you out there debating whether or not to serve a mission know that it isn't easy.  It isn't always fun.  But I will never, EVER, say it wasn't worth every second of hunger, rejection, sweat, exhaustion, and depression, because it was.  Through trials my mission changed me into the person I am now.  A more confident, determined, understanding, loving, and stronger version of myself.  It was hard, I'm not going to lie.  Many times I even wanted to throw-in the towel and go home, but I think those are the times when I learned the most about myself.  Those long days were the ones that gave me the strength to know that from here on out I can handle anything life throws at me.

In reflection, I served the best mission I could.  I gave my heart to the Lord and served his children to the best of my ability.  I have no regrets.  Of course there are always things we wish we could have changed, but in the grand scheme of things, my mission was Awesome.  I loved it.  It changed me and I will never forget such an amazing experience.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's kingdom on the earth today.  Our Savior Jesus Christ is at the head and he works through divinely called prophets and apostles.  ONLY through Him can we return to live with our Father in Heaven again.  Repentance, such an easy concept, yet so hard to master.

May God's Love be with you all,
Tyler Lawson


PS - Here are the last pictures I took on my way home.  They are some of my favorites too!

Piñata Me!!  Thanks to the sisters in my district! 





Last P-Day on the Beach


Baptism of Alonzo




The branch's goodbye party

Elder Underwood and I's Cheezy Smile

Gabriel and Elder Mendoza

With President and Sister Bowler

Shining my shoes in the airport! 
 I wanted to do this my whole mission!  

Home Sweet Home :)