Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Monday, July 14, 2014

Look at your skype account!


We didn't hear from Tyler all day last week and were a bit concerned.  It's not like him to not email each week.  We finally got an email with the title of "Look at your skype account."  We rushed to log in and found this text message:

Hola mommy!

So we went to Tegus today and I had an interview with President to renew my temple recommend and he is so awesome!!  The only not awesome part was that we spent 8 hours on buses and didn't get back until right now and this little laptop in the church has about 2,332,554,654 million viruses on it and doesn't want to load myldsmail.net.....SO  I'm just going to send you this little message for now and we'll see if I can go to the internet cafe on Thursday, but if not, it will just have to be until next week that you hear from me and I hear from you!  :( sad day, but the good news is that I'll be seeing you in exactly 1 month from today!  Wooo!               

So this week went alright.  The work is slow but we're doing our best to have fun despite the fact!  The 4th of July was a good time, I celebrated with Elder Chapman and Elder Pau'u.  Chili dogs were eaten and the national anthem was sung.  GO AMERICA.  Don't let me forget to kiss that holy ground when we walk out of the airport!  :)  Only having a month left is kind of freaking me out a bit but I'm holding on!  In all honesty my interview with president helped a lot today.  Like I said, he's amazing. And his wife too!  I only got to meet her for a split second, but she's SUPER nice and I could feel her love already.  Hope you guys had a fun weekend and tell Uncle Chad congrats on the wedding for me!     

The only other exciting news was that a bunch of gringos came to visit an evangelical church every day this week and it totally freaked me out.  I guess it had been too long since I had saw a gringo in vacation clothes, ya know....cargo shorts, tank tops, big hats, long socks and tennis shoes?  Yuck.  The point is I was pretty scared and didn't even talk to them.  I felt more at home with my Honduran homies!  I made jokes saying, "What do these gringos think they are doing in our country!?"  haha   Well...It's a bummer I didn't get to see your messages this week, or even write very much, but it's reassuring that in a month I'll see all your faces!  So really these last emails don't matter all that much.  Gotta live up the mission while it still lasts anyway!  

Love you lots, Elder Lawson