Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Monday, June 30, 2014

5 weeks

Well Family, I´m now entering into what is the last 5 weeks of my mission and it is very surreal.  I´m finally at the weird point where the thought of going home is now a reality.  The whole mission everyone always thinks that it never ends and that going home only happens to other people.  But now that I am next in line on the going home list, I´m a bit nervous/hastened/shocked and most of all terrified.  A lot of you mentioned how you really liked my last email and what I said in it was true!  Honduras is my life now.  Poverty and Spanish are what I know best.  My life at home isn´t anything like my life as a missionary.  I´m not sure if I´m ready!  I know I´ll adapt fast but it´s going to be a very strange change.  Forgive me if I act weird for the first few days and occationally start talking or singing in Spanish or keep saying, "Wow I forgot how nice this is!" or "Wow I forgot how clean this is!" Anyway, what I´m trying to say is that starting my last transfer, getting my flight plans, and seeing some pictures from home right now really woke me up and made me realize how little time I have left.  That means...ITS GO TIME.  There's no time to waste!  

So the result of the change day was that Elder Baez will be staying here with me to "kill" me, being my last real comp.  I´m happy because he´s a really good guy and we get along well.  We started off our last change with a baptism!  They were two niños, children of members.  One 8 and the other 9 years old.  The cool part of the baptism though was that we did it in the ocean!  I was nervous because I had never had a baptism at the beach before but it all worked out perfectly.  Alfredo baptized his son Nixion and also Cesar.  I didn´t get the opportunity to baptize this time but I really hope that before I go I can baptize in the ocean.  

Everyone in Honduras is bummed about their poor performance in El Mundial (the world cup). (I´m just bummed because all the countries where my friends are serving did better...France, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Agentina, Chilie, Germany, etc.  The only one who feels my pain is Elder Chad Hamilton in England.  They got WORKED!) But mainly the people here just bag on the team now and make up excuses about how the refs just pick on the little countries and how nobody even wanted them to win.  We all got stories I guess.... But literally every day at game time no matter where we go people are watching the games.  Haha as I type they have the game playing on the radio here in the internet place!  Futbol = Vida.  (Soccer = Life)

Well, got some souls to save so I gotta go!  Have a great week!  Love you all!  

Elder Lawson

Getting soaked in the rain after pday last week


A cool street in a far away place called Consepcion de Maria

6 weeks left (actually 5 now that they messed up his travel plans!)

Taking off my shoes in the rain cause the puddles are deep 
and I didn´t want my shoes to get wet.


Helping a member chop some grass Saturday morning

Baptism at the beach!





Bird pooping on me AGAIN!  On our way to church this time!

Statistics = FUN (church attendance)