Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

And then there were 3.....


Well family...After tomorrow I will officially have only 3 months left in my mission.  It's flying by!  Things here in Buena Vista are good.  I really enjoyed talking to my family yesterday!  And to those who I didn't get to see, "HI!!"  I still love you too!  

This week was a nice and normal one.  I got to see the APs and we kept with the usual visiting of investigators and less actives.  Our efforts didn't pay off as much as we liked, as the attendence this week in church was only 37.  But that's still actually really good considering it was mothers day and here that is a BIG deal.  EVERYONE goes to visit their mothers, no matter where they live, dead or alive.  They celebrate by eating a ton of food and listening to music all day!  Kinda like Thanksgiving.  We celebrated by making little gifts for our cocinera (cook), house owner, and our wash lady and they LOVED them.  It was fun to make their days.  

On Saturday we had an activity for all the mothers to celebrate Mother's Day.  They came and ate food and we watched videos and played "Hot Potato."  All the mothers really enjoyed their special day.  Even some investigators came!  Overall it was a big success!  :)

Today was one of the best Pdays of my whole mission!  We went to the beach and played volleyball and frisbee.  The atmosphere was great listening to music while the waves crashed in the background and we chilled in the sand. I couldnt stop thinking about the fact that I'll be in Hawaii with my family, SWIMMING (not just looking at the water), and enjoying the relaxingness in just 7 months!  Can't Wait:)

In other events, we are doing well fighting the powers of satan and building up the kingdom of God here on the earth!  

Thanks for all the love!  The letter wasn't that great today, but there are lots of pics so I hope that makes up for it!  I love you!  

Elder Lawson


Me with our cocinera Hermana Dilia (My comp isnt the best photographer...)
Elder Baez with Cocinera

Loaf of bread and cream = $1.00 

Bag of juice and Chips = $0.50
Eating something besides rice and beans = priceless

Samuel the Lamanite pic
By a river in our area 
Taxi anyone?!

Preaching to a frog 
Scorpion we found in our pila (There have been 3 now)
The zone after district meeting

With APs.  They came to visit me!  
GEO TRACKER BABY
Hitch hiking

Fun in abandonded houses on the beach


My honduran girlfriend.  She gave me the flower.  
Her and her brothers might get baptized soon!  
We played HOT POTATO and they won prizes

Happy Mother's Day!
Hanging up Mosquito net!  No more bug bites:)

Sand volleyball on the beach for PDAY!  

So close, yet no swim!


The feet aren't actually IN the water!