Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Normal

Hey family!  

Things here in Buena Vista are super...Normal.  This week we had a guy walk in during sacrament meeting cussing, we walked an hour and a half round trip to visit a lady that didn't come to church, and kept working on our quest to reactivate all the inactives here in our area.  This week the church attendance was 44!  Wooo!  Upward and Onward!  

Like I mentioned before, the Beach is part of our area so this week we decided to go check it out and see if missionary work would be a good idea there.  We hitch-hiked there and back and it was a really beautiful view!  I miss going to the beach... 7 months till Hawaii!!  :)  We ate fresh fish and talked to some peeps before whipping out our thumbs to get back home.  

I also had an interesting experience with the owner of our old house this week.  She is an old woman that wants to rob the church of all its money.  I went to go turn in the key to the old house and she wouldn't accept it.  She said that before we turned it in we had to fix all the damages to the house that who knows if we even made!  It was 3 different days of 40 min long arguments/debates that I totally won.  Good thing my mom taught me from a young age that you can't let people walk all over you!  It's not over yet, but I played it so well I walked out of there blood pumping but a champion.  She's not really mad anymore and loves me.  All those years bantering with my mom about stupid things paid off!  Haha.  I think my greatest feat was that all of this was in Spanish.  Honestly I'd say my Spanish is at 95%.  I can say and understand everything unless I'm talking to a teen that uses a ton of slang, or someone from another country (because that's a whole other ball game).  

This week I completed 2 years since I opened my mission call!  It's crazy that that momentus night was already 2 years past.  I've changed a lot since then and I'm happy with the person I'm becoming.  The mission is great and time is passing by so fast!   I did the math and realized that if my mission were a 10k I'm starting up the last mile.  One more to go!  It's all about going hard to the end, and that we will do!  We had 7 investigators in church again this week and as I said the attendence is growing every week!  Exciting stuff.  Be prepared for some baptism pictures soon! 

Congrats to my brother Dylan for turning 13 yesterday!  Only 6 more years until the mission bud!  Also Felicidades to my old Companion Elder Edwards who got married this week!  That'a boy!  

Don't Lose the Faith!  
Love,
Elder Lawson

Hitch Hiking to the beach

On the beach (Sorry the camera was dying so the foto didn't turn out well)

Reading the Bible to a bunny