Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gabriel´s getting baptized!!

Hey fam! 

This week was a long one...But a great one!  On Sunday Natalia finally got confirmed and then on Monday night we packed up and went southward!  We took the 3 hour bus ride and got there late-ish and we stayed with Elder Preul and Underwood.  I freaking love those kids so much.  Choluteca was ROASTING!  I know I talk about the heat a lot but you really can't understand it until you go there. It was over 100 degrees everyday!  One day it was 105!  Whooo!  Feeling Hot, hot, HOT!  It was fun seeing all the missionaries down there, I hadn't seen them for a while.  

Cool Story - Well here's my cool story for the week of how Elder Lawson successfully fought against the powers of Satan.  Haha ok so we were in the bus headed to another part of the south and there was a evangelical preacher standing up in front of everyone preaching to the people on the bus.  (This is super normal in Honduras.)  When he saw us get on he changed his gospel topic and started indirectly preaching against us.  He talked about false prophets and how there shouldn't be any other books besides the Bible.  I couldn't take all the apostasy so I found courage within and when he sat down I got up and started to preach!  I read the real scripture in the Bible and explained that it doesn't say there will be no more prophets, it just says that you need to be aware and know the prophets by their fruits.  I finished in the name of Jesus Christ and sat down.  I was pretty nervous but I couldn't live with the guilt I would have felt if I had let that man lead all of those people to destruction without at least hearing the true side of the story!  

The best news I have for you this week is that Gabriel is getting baptized!!  I've told you a few stories about him but tonight he's finally getting baptized!  Elder Mendoza and I are super excited for him.  He's going to be a great member and a great example to his family!  

Changes are this week and I think I'm leaving!  I talked to Pres and I really hope he'll hear my plea and send me to the south!  I won't be AP any more or even a ZL and I'm really excited to not have to worry about leadership and just be able to worry about my investigators and raising up the branch! wooo!  

I wish I could write more but I don't have much time and so I thought I would take the advice Nephi gives in 1 Nephi 6:6!  haha :)  ("Wherefore, I shall give commandment unto my seed, that they shall not occupy these plates with things which are not of worth unto the children of men.")
 
Talk to you all not this Monday, but NEXT Monday!  I love you!
Elder Lawson 

A little comp rivalry

Gabriel's baptism on Saturday.

We took him to Little Caesar's for pizza to celebrate!

Confirmation on Sunday!