Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mustache March

Hey family!  

Happy March!  I can't believe time is going by sooo fast it's absolutely nuts!  We decided to celebrate Mustache March with style.... :)  (See pics below.)

We had Zone Conference was this week which means it was nuts for me!  There were 3 conferences.  One for each Region (City, East, and South).  The City and East ones we did here in the city and we drive down to the South to do that one.  I got to drive all the way to Choluteca!  It's about 3 hours on a two lane highway with potholes and such but it was actually a really easy smooth drive.  At each conference I gave a 25 minute presentation about dedicating ourselves to the mission and working hard.  I first started talking about remember why we are here on missions and all we had done to prepare for this day and showed this clip....(http://bcove.me/tdxjtwvv).  Then I switched themes a bit and showed this clip (AMAZING) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6FKiNVbw3Y). I talked a lot about how much our Savior did for us and how this is a way we can pay him back.  He was tired but he kept on working.  How we cannot be slothful or lazy, we need to always remember how extremely important our job here is as missionaries.  I gave them a few minutes to write in their journals goals and impressions and then finished by showing this mormon message (https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2010-12-0130-a-priesthood-duty?lang=eng). I ended by reminding them that they only get to serve a mission once, so they better make the most of it.  I really liked my presentation and thought all three of them went really well.  

Other than this we have some really good investigators and I'm really excited for their progress.  The gospel really can change lives!  

I spent some time figuring out some BYU stuff for this fall so I gotta run.  I'm sorry I didn't write more, but until next week I love you all!  

CONGRATS TO ABBY ON HER ACCEPTANCE TO BYU!!!  RISE AND SHOUT BABY!!!!

Thanks to Sister Hekking for the letter!  

Love,
Elder Lawson

Mustache March!

Criminals!




Cockroach that was on my bed and then was dead...



Cool hoodie I bought in Valle de Angeles today.