Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Saturday, February 1, 2014

FEBRUARY


Howdy ya'll!  

This week was about as normal as weeks go.  But I do have some cool stories!  

Cool Story #1 - We were walking by a house and a lady was standing outside.  We walked by but then my comp said he wanted to go back and invite her to the activity on Friday.  Turns out, she was a member super inactive!  Apparently she was even the Relief Society President 10 years ago.  What happened was that a member fell bad with her and she decided to leave.  We've now started visiting her and shes a little nervous but wants to come back to church and bring her 12 year old daughter who's hasn't been since her blessing as an infant!  Yes!  

Cool Story #2 - On Tuesday it was 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. and we had finished for the day and were looking for a cab.  Well a guy rolled up and he already had a lady in the back but wanted to bring us anyway.  We talked a second and then he said he'd take us for 70 limps.  If you read my email from last week you'd know that we always go for 60 limps.  We never accept anything over 60.  BUT!  To my and my companion's surprise, I said "Vaya pues" (Go for it) and we got in.  I wasn't sure why I didn't try to argue with him or look for another cab but I found out why when I got in and met Regina.  She was the lady in the back seat.  She had the cutest little girl that started asking me all kinds of questions.  I told her a little about the Church and she wanted to know more!  She met with the missionaries in my old area yesterday but I still haven't heard how it went.  Hope it went super well!  

Cool Story #3 - We've been visiting a lady who was baptized in Olancho 15 years ago but ever since living here in Tegucigalpa hasn't gone to church.  Her 19 year old daughter doesn't know anything really about the church because she hasn't gone since she was a baby.  They are really cool, but hard to find.  Well...this week we found them and were able to visit them with an awesome family from our ward!  One of the best member lessons I've ever had!  I was so grateful to them for taking time out of their Friday to come to the cita (quote?) with us!  Well..they weren't really doing anything before hand, but still it was nice!  I love when the members help! :) 

Well, As you can see by the stories things are getting better in my area!  But they can still get even better when all the new people we found get baptized!  :)  Looking forward to the next few weeks.  This week should be a fun one.  We're going back to the South again.  That means 10 hours total on bus and maybe sleeeping on the floor!  

That awkward moment when you just realize you didn't put on a belt this morning...good thing I'm fat so my pants don't fall down!  

GO BRONCOS!!  I'll be cheering tomorrow from my heart!  

Elder Lawson

(No pictures this week......BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!)