Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Blessings My Brothers


Hey fami-bammi,

This week was a nice one!  A big improvement from the last one!  Sunday was normal but we had a nice surprise when a member brought a friend to church!  Yesss!  Blessing #1.  On Monday president gave us a pep talk about commiting oursleves to the work and being acountable.  We took it to heart and went hard that afternoon.  We went to our first two citas and they weren't there.  After finding out that Angela wasn't there I got a little sad and sat on the ground in front of her house.  My comp sat next to me and we started chatting about how we can do better and why we feel so down sometimes.  Then...She showed up!  But not only her, her husband too!  We had never met him before and he was super interested! Blessing #2.  We taught them and went to our lesson with the friend that came to church and she agreed to be baptized!  Blessing #3.  Finally to finish off our great day we had a family night in the house of a member and she happened to know Angela nad her husband and had invited them and they showed up!!  Blessing #4.  I just kept telling my comp how greatful I was for all the random blessings we were receiving!  God answers prayers!  Be happy!  

I got to go back out to Danli and do some workshops with the missionaries out there.  It was really fun, Danli is beautiful.  I enjoyed celebrating the Broncos win with fellow Denver resident Elder Vorwaller and BYU pride with Elder Egbert.  On Wednesday on our way back we stopped in a town called Yuscaran.  It´s apparently the oldest town in Honduras.  It was really cool.  A small town of all narrow stone roads in the mountains of Honduras.  Fun fact: It's also the supplier of Alcohol for the whole country.  haha.  It's debatably the hardest area in the mission.  A missionary is the Branch President too.  We worked with them all day and spent the night in their super cool house.  I hope we were able to give them a little animo for missionary work!  

In other news I'm getting a lot better at bargaining with taxis.  We have to take them to our area every single day and we always go for just 60 limps (3 dollars). But they give us a hard time.  I've decided that I'm better at the position of wingman.  My comp goes up to the window and tells him we're going to the San Miguel and he usually says any where from 70 to 100 limps.  My comp then says "No Hombre" and says we always go there for 60.  That's where I come in.  If they say "No no I can't do that it's really far" I start to throw a fit.  I say "No hombre let's call a friend or look for another cab because they always bring us there for 60 and this guy is trying to scam us.  Then the taxi always cracks and  says "Ok 60 is fine" and we get in.  Works like a charm!  There's no cheating this gringo!  haha

When Lessons go wrong:  This week we had a lesson in where we were going to read 3rd Nephi 11 and then watch that part of the "Testaments" movie.  So...We read the chapter, then took the PLASTIC (yes it was brand new) off the DVD and opened it up and well...I think the picture explains the rest.  So we had to resort to watching, "Finding Faith in Christ."  This would have been fine if only the disc was in Spanish....We accidently brought the English version of the movie with us.  Whoops!  In the end we just watched it in English and translated it.  (Not the fist time I've had to do that.)  

We have a big meeting with all the District Leaders and Zone Leaders on Monday so I gotta do some final preparations for that and gotta go!  Love you all!  Have a great week!  There's so much to be greatful for!  

Elder Lawson

Tired after moving a bunch of stuff out a missionary house.

Driving the Hilux (notice no seatbelt - that will come up later)

Broken DVD

Beautiful Danli

Steaming my shirt - no need for an iron!

On the roof in Yuscaran.

Elder Egbert and I show off our BYU pride!

Elder Vorwaller and I dream of watching Denver in the superbowl....

Organizing the mission.

The picture Tyler sent after I yelled at him over 
email about not wearing his seatbelt!