Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Sunday, December 8, 2013

The AP Life

Well Family, I can finally rest!  Wooooooo!!!!  

So this week was a LONG one.  But still a good one!  :)  It was just JAM PACKED with stuff to do.  

First, we had our ZL council on Wednesday.  Usually at these councils all I have to do is show up and listen and then present how well the zone did.  Well...this time no.  This time I had to put together all the presentations and give a class to all of the Zone Leaders.  It was a little intimidating speaking in front of all the best missionaries in the mission but they are all my friends so it wasn't bad.  I was just really stressed because I had to prepare everything and I didn't have much time.  I was also introducing a new way of doing dates and president wasn't very confident in it and that made me more nervous.  It went well though!  

Because it went so well and I wanted a break after those stressful few days, I went on vacation to Paradise!  Haha ok well it wasn't a vacation nor was it a real paradise, but it is a place in Honduras called Paraíso!  We went out to Danlí to do divisions with the Zone Leaders out there.  I was really excited because I have never been there before.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  Just rolling hills and great weather.  Just like Choluteca, but nicer and cleaner.  I really enjoyed my time there.  The only bummer was I forgot my camera!  Dang.  I did take a really cool pic with a parrot but it's on a camera in Danli.  You'll get it eventually!  

After a 2 hour bus ride and a tiring day in Danli we took off for the Villa de San Franciso.  There I got to see all the Elders from Valle Verde and go on divisions with Elder Chapman!  My companion from the MTC!  It was really fun.  We plucked corn and talked to a bunch of ranchers.  Everyone there lives on a farm.  Another cool thing was that my previous comp Elder Edwards was there so I got to meet everyone and see everything he always told me about!  We had a blast and even got to hitch hike in a semi truck!  Super cool.  

Other fun fact - I got to drive the mission car in Tegus rush hour.  It was NUTS.  I'm not going to go into much detail as to not scare you, but driving in Honduras is NOT like driving in the states.  

Sorry my time is up, but that's the most exciting stuff for now!  I'm really enjoying being AP!  This week we have our Christmas parties and the week after I'm going back to the south!!!  Sweet.  

I love you all!  Hope you are all safe and having fun staying warm!  I miss the cold!  It only lasted 3 days :(

Elder Lawson

Map of Tegucigalpa to Danli.  Consider the mountainous roads!

Then from Danli to Villa De San Francisco.

With Elder Merchant.

Office Elders in sweaters on Sunday when it was cold! 
(I guess he thinks this is funny since it is usually so hot there.)

Office Elders in matching ties.

BALLIN IT UP WITH PRESIDENT!!
Elder Lawson, President Hernandez, and Elder Mendoza.