Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Sunday, December 22, 2013

I deserve a Merit Badge for this week!

Hey fam!  

So this week was super fun, but super tiring!  That's basically my life now, Tired, Hungry, and Happy.  So let me walk you though my week one day at a time!  

Sunday - Normal day.  Elder Comstock and Dockendorf's last Sunday in the mission.  I wore a nice christmas tie my mom sent me with the 3 kings on it.  We had some FHEs.  At one of them I met a 5 year old girl that had all of the Articles of Faith memorized!  I couldn't believe it.  PILAS.  I don't think I ever memorized them all.... (Heavy sigh - yes he did!)

Monday - Went to the office in the morning to have our weekly meeting with president.  Before the meeting I was sitting at a computer doing important AP stuff and guess who walks up behind me?  Elder Joel Jones!!  We took some pics.  It was really great to see him again.  (Joel is a friend from freshman year at BYU!  He's in the Honduras Comayaguela Mission next door!)

Tuesday - Off to the South!  On Monday night I stayed up until midnight packing and writing in my journal to be all ready to hit the road in morning.  We woke up at 4:00 a.m. and went to the bus stop.  Running on 4 hours of sleep was rough but the Lord gave me a little boost of strength to make it.  We went to a place called San Lorenzo first to give our first training.  After the meeting we got on a bus and I went with some other missionaries to a place called Nacamoe.  It was out in the middle of nowhere and REALLY hot.  Nacome is the #1 hottest city in Honduras.  I forgot hot it is in the south until I went there this week!  I had fun there with Elder Head visiting really poor people in a far away pueblo.  

Wednesday - Woke up early again to take a bus from Nacaome to Choluteca.  The city was great!  There were a lot of things different but it still had the same feel.  I went on Divisions with two of my favorite missionaries.  Elder Preul and Elder Underwood!  They are miraculously comps and so after I gave the training to their zone we went in a trio and taught some people.  It was really really fun to be with them.  I actually just wanted to stay there.  Their house is really cool, it's a good ward, and they're super funny as always.  We also ate lunch in Wendy's (a southern tradition). (There I am with Elders Preul, Underwood, Jones, and Coombs.)  That night as I got out of the shower Preul and Underwood gave me a nice flour bath as a joke.  It got everywhere!  I guess they thought April fools came early this year...

Thursday - RETURN OF THE KING.  This day I got to go back to my old area in Choluteca, Iztoca!  It was sooo great.  I visted a lot of my old converts.  Lots of people remembered my name when I didn't think that they would!  I felt really loved and like a king in Iztoca!  I even got to drink my favorite type of water bag!  (There are different brands).  The end of the day was the only downer when we went to my old house and it was destroyed!  Sooo dirty.  We also didn't have the keys so we had to dig up some that I had buried in case of emergency 9 months ago.  Haha thank goodness for being prepared!  

Friday - On Friday I decided to take a break and hit up the beach!  Haha ok well that's a lie, but we did go to Cedeño, a fishing town on the coast and we taught the Elders and Hermanas there and went on divisions with the ZLs, as in all the other zones.  I got to go with Elder Magaña, my best Latin friend here in the mission, and it was really really fun!  We visited some investigators and took a quick pic on the beach.  From the beach you can see both Nicaragua and El Salvador.  It was a really cool opportunity to get to finally go to the beach!  I did really have a strong desire to swim though.  I'll be swimming soon though!  8 months!  

Saturday - Today we woke up in Cedeño at 2:30 a.m. to catch the 3 o'clock bus.  We went out to the street at 2:45 and waited.  Then waited.  Then waited some more.  We waited until 3:45 a.m. and the bus never came.  Depressed, we went back to the house and I went back to sleep on the tile floor like before. (There weren't any extra beds.)  Eventually we caught a bus and came home slowly but surely.  

This week was very very fun, but a long, tiring one.  

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!  I'm SUPER excited to talk with my family this Wednesday!  It's crazy that it's already Christmas!  Time flies these days.  

I love you all sooo much!  Merry Christmas!  
Elder Lawson

Church in Cedeno


Yes, the church has a Mortal Combat symbol!


The beach with Elder Magana.




Elder Jones from the Comayaguela mission stops by!  
(He's in the middle, not sure who the other elder is.)

Three Kings tie my mom sent.

Back to hitch hiking in Chuloteca.


Yum!  My favorite water bag.


Dug up a key to get into our old house!


Same dirty, disgusting bathroom.

Lunch at Wendy's with Elders Pruel, Underwood, Jones and Coombs.

Flour shower!!


Our future's so bright - gotta wear shades!

Elder Lawson, Elder Pruel, Elder Underwood