Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas time is coming!!!


Hey fam-a-bam,

How's life treating you?  Finals over yet?  Cougs still winning?  I sure hope all is well.  Happy 11 days 'till Christmas!  It's coming so soon!  I can't believe it's December already.  

This week we had our mission Christmas party.  There were two and since I was in charge I got to go to both of them.  It was really fun seeing all the missionaries in the mission and chatting and playing with them.  We had musical preformaces and I participated both days.  On day one I teamed up with Elder Edwards and we played "Carol of the Bells" on the little harp my mom sent me.  It was super awesome and everyone thought it was really cool.  On day two I teamed up with Elder Preul and we sang "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas."  Do-wap-waps and everything.  It was super funny also, and again we got lots of complements.  My main goal in these two parties was to win the confidence of the all the missionaries and I think I was sucessful in doing so.  I just decided to be myself and make them laugh.  

This week I also spent a lot of time driving the mission car.  It's scary but I'm basically used to it now.  I did have to take a missionary to the airport that was going home and we got SUPER lost.  The enormous amounts of traffic and prideful drivers made it even more complicated.  We eventually got there and after some passport confusion he made it to his flight and safely home to Guatemala.  

I don't think I told you yet, but remember that Elder from the BYU football team?  Elder Pau'u?  Well he's in my ward here and he's awesome!  I'm trying to get in tight with him so I can have a friend on the football team.  He's super cool and this week at our ward Christmas party he taught us to do the Haka and we all did it together!  SO AWESOME.  

This week Elder Edwards, Comstock, and bunch of other friends of mine go home so it'll be sad, but the fun part is that I get to go back to the South!  This week I'll be cruising through Choluteca visiting and teaching the missionaries there.  I'm really excited to visit my old luch lady and all my converts!  It's going to be really really cool.  

Thanks for all your love a support guys, I'm sorry I'm not the most grateful person in the world, but I'm working on that!  You're the best and I'll talk to you next week!  

Hasta Luego!
Elder Lawson

P.S. There's another mission address I've never given you so here it is... It'll save you the hassle of writing out that big long one!  

Elder Tyler Lawson
Mision Honduras Tegucigalpa
Apartado Postal 556 ó 3539
Tegucigalpa, Honduras C.A.


Elder Cardona's last day! 

Learning the Haka with Elder Pau'u and preforming it at the ward Christmas party.



Matching with Pres! 

"Important AP stuff."