Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Saturday, November 30, 2013

SURPRIZE!!!!

Hey Family! 

So....I bet you didn't expect to hear from your favorite missionary on a Saturday huh??  Well...you better get used to it because Saturday is my new PDAY!  We had changes this week and I was called as the new Assistant to the President.  Or as I like to say..."Assistant (to the) President"  haha (Dwight Shrute - the office).  

I know most of you probably don't understand that terminology, so I'll explain a little bit of exactly what it means to be AP....

1. I'm one of 2 in the whole mission.  We are the leaders and do literally what the title portrays: assist the President.  But we're not secretaries or councilors, (because he has those too) we're assistants...haha.  We basically assist with everything he needs help with.  We have meetings with him every week and we speak in every zone leader council and zone conference.  The biggest thing is that we are an example to the other missionaries.  

2. We get to travel the mission visiting with the missionaires.  This means I'm going to get to go down south to visit and also see what it's like out east in Danli!  That's going to be really fun.  

3. I have meetings with the President and even have my own desk in the office.  That means I'm one of the first people to get letters and packages!  I also live with the 4 other office elders in a big house the has hot water!!!  (my favorite)  (The office elders assist with keeping track of the finances for the whole mission, making reservations, dealing with housing, etc.  Basically all the "business" of running a mission.) 

4. I get to drive the mission car!  It's fun, but super scary.  The roads here are insane.  It's a truck but I'm already getting used to driving here.  

5. I have my own personal cell phone and all the missionaries call me about all their problems!  haha

6. My companion is Elder Mendoza from TORREON, Mexico.  (Yes, Jeff Wray served in his stake!)  He's great and I know we are going to do great things for the mission.  

7. I know you have questions so fire away!  There's so much I don't know how to tell it all!  I don't even know it all yet!  

Other news is that it's been soooooo cold here lately.  Coldest it's ever been on my mission.  For this reason I bought a nice grey sweater :)

Thanksgiving was AWESOME!!  We played baseball and ate turkey with potatoes and stuffing!  YUM.  I sent some pictures.  Thanks sooo much to the Galindo family for putting it on for us.  

We got to go to the temple today with special permission from the President.  It was awesome!  A really cool part was that I ran into a bunch of guys from my ward in Choluteca!  The best part was that they remembered me!  I was so happy they knew who I was!  

Thanks to Papooh for the package!!  I'm saving it for Christmas don't worry!  

I love you all, be ready for next Saturday!  
Elder Lawson

Tyler also told me in another email that he will be an AP for about 6 months and then he will ask to spend the last 3 months of his mission training new missionaries down south.  If anyone is interested, here is the google map numbers for where he lives: 14.099899,-87.159611.

Hot chilie I ate!  (I'm starting to like spicy food.)


Saying goodbye to Ever and Ericka!   
(It's not too sad because I'm soooo close by!)

Saying goodbye to Yesenia.

Packing up the taxi with all my stuff!

Thanksgiving!

Last meal with Elder Edwards!

YUM!!  My belly is so happy!

Christmas is coming!

Driving the truck!

Elder Mendoza, my new companion, and I.

The Office Elders Christmas 2013!  
Elder Lawson, Elder Mendoza, Elder Angiñadas, Elder Olivares, 
Elder Cruz, Elder Merchant (He didn't list them in order so I'm not sure who is who!)