Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Survived!

Hey Fam!  

So I survived the Honduran Elecitons!!  And guess what?!  Absolutely nothing happened.  It was the lamest 3 days of my life.  Ok not true, I enjoyed them, but still.... Ok, recap, so for those of you who don´t know, this Sunday were the presidential elections here in Honduras.  My beautiful country isn´t so beautiful in the aspect of its curruption.  The people are crazy, but I see where their frustration comes from.  When you have presidents buying out the public and changing the voting boxes it can be hard.  Unfortunately, this leads to people acting irrationally and doing things they shouldn´t.  Like killing gringos.  For this reason all us missionaries were confined in our houses for 87 hours.  9pm on friday until 12 noon today.  It was an enjoyable time however.  I got to wash all my laundry by hand, cook and eat a lot of food, do P90x, play chess and backgammon, watch church movies, and read almost all of the book of 3rd Nephi.  In the end nothing out of the usual happened.  I only heard like 4 gun shots and that´s like any other normal night.  So, if any of you worried about me you did it in vain because absolutely nothing happend!  Don´t worry!  

Elder Jensen also went home this week!  Well...He´s not home yet, but he´s here with his parents!  Because we´re his ZL´s we got to go with him to the airport to get them!  He was freaking out!  Being in the airport reminded me of when I first got to Honduras.  That was over a year ago!  I can´t believe it!  Seeing him hug his mom did make me want to hug my own, but we´re at less than a month until Christmas so I can wait to at least talk to her!  

Happy Thanksgiving this week!  We already have plans to eat with a member that really, really wants to be an American sooo bad!  He´s serioulsy my favorite person in this country. He wants to leave Honduras so bad he learned to speak fluent English from youtube videos!  Selvin needs a visa! Needless to say I´m very exicted to get a real Thanksgiving meal!  I hope it´s good!  

Changes are also this week and it´s my turn to leave!  We´ll see where I go!  I´d love to go anywhere outside the city!  I´ve had my city fun and now I´m ready to leave.  Danli or Choluteca here I come!  I´ll let you know the exciting news next Monday!  

Have a fun filled week and a good break!  I already had mine, I´m ready to get out there and get working already!  

Love you,
Elder Lawson 

Our total food stash!

Making burritos!


Making Chocolate no-bake cookies!  My favorite!

Yum!!

Thanks for the cocoa mom, they turned out great!