Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Monday, November 18, 2013

BODA!!!!!!! ELLOS SE CASARON BABY!!!!


Hola Familia! 
I have great news!  Ever and Ericka got married!  The wedding was great!  They even bought rings!  That was the first time I had ever seen that in Honduras.  It was really cool seeing them all "doll"ed up and ready to get HITCHED!  Ever got baptized after and it was a really special baptism!  He's a little big so I was nervous I wouldn't be able to dip him all the way under but it all came out all well!  After church we started getting everything prepared and there wasn't any water to fill up the font!  We freaked out and finally at the last minute there was enough water and everyone showed up for the wedding and every little thing turned out great! 
This week I took a really big challege and did an English fast!  It's just like a regular fast, but instead of giving up food you give up English!  It was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done.  I started when I woke up on Tuesday and ended this morning when I woke up.  The hardest part was a special ZL meeting we had this week where I got to see all my friends and I could only talk to them in Spanish!  Ugh.  But I did learn a lot about Spanish so it was totally worth it.  I just hope I get another Latin companion soon so I can do some more practicing!  

Another exciting thing about this week was we got to play soccer!  I don't know if you remember, but over 6 months ago an Elder broke his foot playing soccer and President banned it forever!  Well....this week he gave it back to us!  We can now play once a month.  It's something really fun to look forward too!  

So for the elections nobody should worry about me!  (Yeah, right.) I will be kept in the house for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday!  The best part is my house is basically a bomb shelter.  We live behind a huge green metal fence and way in the back up the stairs and in a cemet house.  It would be hard for any harm to come to me.  But just so you know I won't be writing until Tuesday.  And maybe not even Tuesday.  But just so you know if I don't write you that doesn't mean I'm hurt or dying.  That just means I'm safe and sound, bored out of my mind in my house!  So please PLEASE don't worry.  If anything bad were to happen to me you would hear from the church way WAY before I could ever email. 
Other notable things from this week are..... first, a guy in our area that always yells "Lauson!" at the top of his lungs when he sees me.  I'm going to get my haircut by him this week.  We'll see how it goes!  He's not acutally crazy for real, just a really funny crazy.  I want to convert him!  ...second, A BABY WAS NAMED AFTER ME!  If you remember one day we tried to give a blessing to baby without a name, well another day they asked us for suggestions on what to name it and wondered what our names were.  I found out this week that in the end they named the baby Tyler!  WOW!  The only weird thing is how the spelled it.  "Ttiler"  interesting...But it's still my name because they got it from me and say it like my name!  

Thanks for all the love!  I hope there are still some people that read this!  If you do you get extra blessings!  

Love,
Elder Lawson

Soccer is back!

Doing service at a church bodega with the Zone.


Ericka and Ever's wedding and baptism!