Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Time flies like an airplane


Hey Family,
This has been such a busy week!  I feel like I say that every week, but I guess it's because every week is a busy week! 
Elder Ochoa came to visit our mission this week and his talk was really great!  He was inspiring and taught us a lot about how to be better missionaries!  I enjoyed his talk a lot. 
This week we got locked out of a room in our apartment and didn't have any clothes to wear.  We tried many different methods to open the door and failed miserably.  I sent a bunch of videos home about this experience so hopefully my mom or dad can put them all together and show you all. (Nope, not gonna happen.)
My second pair of shoes was falling apart so I bought some boots.  The only thing is they might be women's boots....I don't care and neither does anyone in this country so I'm going to keep wearing them until my new shoes come in the mail!  I've gotten to that moment in my mission where all my stuff is starting to fall apart!  My shirts are excellent, but my pants are taking a beating and my shoes have had it the worst. 
My message for this week is to be grateful!  This week I was in a house with a family and it started raining.  A little afterwards a river started running through their house!  The sister was embarrassed but said that it happens everytime it rains.  THEY HAVE A RIVER IN THEIR HOUSE!!  Be grateful that every last one of you can sleep DRY at night not having to worry about waking up under water.  People in the states have it SOOOO good.  I feel like I'm going to get home and be amazed at how much of a mansion my house is. Just thinking about it is weird that only 4 people live in a house sooo big.  Here 6 people live in a house the size of my bedroom.  Please loved ones, be grateful!  Life is a lot better that way too!  

Happy Halloween this week!  Be safe and Choose the Right everyone! 
Elder Lawson

All my companions!  Elder Sears, Elder Edwards, and Elder Reyes.

Goodbye Elder Sears!  Good luck in Houston!
(Elder Sears was removed from Honduras for safety reasons.  
He is finishing his mission in Texas.)

My "Good Church Shoes" now ruined.  That's the second pair in a year.



We bought recorders for fun!

New boots I bought that are controversially woman's boots.