Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Monday, September 16, 2013

The light always shines through the rain!

This week was great!  I have lots of good news!  

1st - I FOUND MY CAMERA!!!!  Apparently a member found it in the church and so he returned it to me Monday night!  I was very happy to hear he had it. Now I don´t have to buy a new one!  

2nd - Yansony, one of my recent converts now has the priesthood and passes the sacrament!  It makes me super happy to see him with all the other deacons.  

3rd - My new companion is Elder Edwards!  He´s a really awesome Gringo from Arizona.  I can already tell this change is going to be one of the best of my mission.  We get along really well, almost too well, and realized we´re super alike.  We have the same hair, height, scripture case, and passions for video making, running, looking really good, and the piano guys.  

4th - Honduras beat Mexico!  From what I hear it was a super great game and everyone here was going crazy!  A Mexican Elder made a bet with our lunch lady and because he lost he bought us all baleadas!!  YUM:)

5th - It´s been raining a TON lately.  On 3 different days we´ve come back to the house completely DRENCHED.  It was fun at the start but now it´s just getting annoying when all my clothes, and worse, my shoes are all wet.  

So the life of a Zone Leader is super busy.  I´ll give you a quick run though of our day on Wednesday.  First we went to changes (where all the missionaries meet up to get their new companions).  I met up with Elder Edwards and we got some lunch at Burger King. (Starting to sound like your mission, Dad!) Afterwards we had to help some new elders find thier house and area because they were both new.  Hnas. Bitter and Bundy were there before but they got taken out because our zone is too dangerous for Hermanas now.  So first we went to drop off all of Elder Edwards stuff at our house in a taxi of a member.  Then we came back and had to clean up the church and lock it up because we are the ones who borrowed the keys from the Stake President to open the church.  We kicked everyone out then locked up and crammed all of the stuff of Elder Redd and Elder Gonzales into a little taxi then somehow fit all 4 of us missionaries and the taxi driver (picture attached). I then showed them the house, but we had to drop them off really quick and go tho the other sister´s (Hna. Magoon) house because they also got taken out of the area and we were in charge of taking all the furniture out of the appartment.  We get there and find out they lived on the top floor!  We brought down all the stuff and packed it into a truck to go to another zone.  Then we hurried back to show the Elders around the area because they don't even know where any members live.  I knew a little bit so I showed them who I knew and then Elder Edwards and I took off to a meeting in the stake center.  After the meeting it was already 9 so we just went home.  So basically Elder Edwards´ first day in our area he didn´t see anything of the area besides the house.  So if you didn´t understand any of that its ok, but the only thing you need to know is that being a ZL is super busy!  

Well I love you all.  Hope everyone is well!  If you want to send me packages please give in to your desires!  Haha candy and snacks and knick knacks are great!  Anything I can put to use!  

Love you,
Elder Lawson


Kelvin´s baptism

Mopping up the church after the baptismal font overflowed...


Cool shirt a member was wearing! 

The Evolution of a missionary picture:
Elder Christiansen (First Day in Mission)
Elder Underwood (6 months)
Elder Lawson (1 year)
Elder Reyes (18 months)
Elder Prows (Last day in the mission)


Crammed into the little taxi with all the luggage 
(I took the picture while we were driving haha)

Elder Edwards and I soaked in matching ties