Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hardest Week Yet.

Hey Family,

This week hasn´t been the best yet again and although I freaked out a bit, I didn´t let myself get too discouraged!  The worst part was that 10 of our 13 firm appointments fell through this week.  That is super rare.  Usually 2 or 3 fall through in a week like this and we had 10 fall through.  That was pretty discouraging.  I got to the point where I expected people to cancel on us and then they would!  Garbage.  But it did end well last night because an appointment we thought had fallen through actually happened and went really well!  It was with the parents of my recent convert A*.  

Other reasons why this week was lame were...We ran out of Saldo again (minutes on our cell phone) and we don't get anymore until the 8th.  Bummer.  It just makes life super hard when we can´t call ANYONE.  It´s also rained every SINGLE day this week.  Which makes for a lot of getting wet.  I´ve also been really sick to my stomach this week.  I ate some sketchy meat at a member's house and wasn´t feeling too great if you know what I mean....  On friday we did some service lifting huge heavy rocks to make a wall for a potential investigator and of course....I pulled a muscle and it hurts bad.  So sorry I sound like a downer but this week was a rough one.  And it didn´t help hearing BYU lost to Utah on Saturday night... boochica!!  OH!  And to top it all off yesterday we got chased by a naked glue sniffing hobo!  Ok that was actually really funny and not that bad but still!  haha

But you want to know what made this week all better??  A package from the fam!  And the best package yet!  It was filled with amazing goodies and to end a tape from the family!  It was the best way to pass the time sitting on the toilet.  Actually when we got the tape it was a total reinactment of the movie "The Best Two Years"!  I went crazy looking for my tape player and freaking out!  Funny stuff.  

My mom told me some people we asking for package ideas.  The thing I love the most is pics from home!  I´d love to just get as many pictures as possible from everyone!  If you just print them out from your home printer that´s fine!  Grandma included some pictures in one of her last letters and I LOVED them!  As always snacks are great!  With Halloween any extra candy would be greatly appreciated!  My favorite food item from my mom´s pakcage this time was the home baked cookies! It´s been almost a year since I had a home baked cookie.  No one here can afford ovens so it´s almost impossible to make.  Other random stuff are zebra F-301 pens, Mormon posters to hang up in the house, skinny ties, and what ever other church related material you´d like to send!  It´s surprizing how cool church stuff gets in the mission!  

I love you all!  

Thanks to Bryant, E. Marques, and Grandma for the letters!  

Love,
Elder Lawson

Elders Parrack, Johnson, Underwood, Edwards, Christiansen, Jensen, and I eating at Dunkin Dounuts! 


Elder Edwards and Elder Lawson.  Part of the Army of Heleman!

Elders Paz, Mendoza, Quevedo, Comstock, Edwards, Johnson, Parrack, and I eating fried rice at the Stake Presidents house!  

The shovel used to do the first pile of dirt at the groundbreaking of the temple like 5 years ago.  The Stake President has it!  He also spent a lot of time with Udorf and Holland at the dedication!  

Elder Comstock and I eating a delicious plate of normal Honduran food with a great surprize!  BACON!  Delicious.

Dirty after service project.

This says it all.