Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Everything that goes up, must come down.


Hey Fam!  

Not the best week this week.  Just a series of events that were the most ideal, but I'm not letting it get me down!  

First, we ran out of saldo.  Not sure what the English word is, but it's basically telephone minutes.  This means we can't call anyone.  Annoying!  What good is a cell phone if we can't make calls?  Second, we had a bunch of emergencies this week leading into us having to go help out all the other missionaries in our zone.  I like being a zone leader but sometimes it's frustrating when our plans get canceled for emergencies.  This lead into no investigators coming to church. :( Worst of all is that no one in the zone had investigators either.  Bummer dude.  Today we have a music video activity in the zone which is fun, but editing the video was a nightmare.  We had to edit the same clips 3 times because the computer wasn't cooperating.  Needless to say I got frustrated and we wasted 10 hours in total on the video.  It did turn out to be a success though so that's good!  Finally, on top of all those little problems, I learned yesterday that my camera was stolen out of my bag in the church on Saturday.  Sigh... It was a junker camera and I have all my pictures backed up but it's just a pain to have to buy a new one that I like and all that lameness.  So not the best week, BUT!  I did learn alot.

On Thursday we had our "taller de zona" (Zone Workshop).  This is the one time a month where we get together and a zone and we, the ZLs, make announcements, check up on the missionaries, and give a class to the zone.  This month I decided to present a class about perspective and how sometimes we impede ourselves from accomplishing soooo much more.  I shared a video called "The Butterfly Circus." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p98KAEif3bI).  It's amazing.  Please watch it right now.  Not something you want to miss out on.  That's the thing I've learned the most this week.  Although things might not always go your way, although things might be hard, although sometimes you want to give up, it'll always get better in the end and you could always have it sooo much worse.  (1 Cor. 10:13)  God will never push us beyond what we are able to overcome.  All the trials, all the sadness, all the series of events that make our lives more stressful than they have to be, are never too much.  We CAN handle it.  So whatever your trial is, whatever your sadness, "Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you."  (D&C 68:6)  The Savior has felt our struggles! I know it.  He felt every last pain we encounter.  He's felt every pain given to every person EVER.  We are sooo blessed.  He loves us.  He loves us more than we could ever know.  Sometimes we have mountians to climb, but we're all experienced climbers, we just don't realize it.  

My challenge to you is this.  Go thought this week with a SMILE!  You have been sooo blessed.  I know every last one of you has a better life than some of the sad stories I hear here in Honduras.  BE GRATEFUL.  Enjoy your blessings!  And remember you have a loving Heavenly Father that knows YOU.  He understands YOU.  And he wants YOU to be happy. So be happy! 

I love you all sooo much!  Please take care!  
Happy 27th birthday on Wednesday to my Mom!  I'll be thinking of you!  

Love,
Elder Lawson

La zona Espernaza y La zona Valle de Angeles