Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!!

Heeeeellllllloooooo Family!  

First off I just want to say you guys are so great!  I truely had a very special birthday here in Honduras this year.  I've never felt so much love as I felt here on my birthday.  Love from all 31 of you that sent cards at home and love from all the people here in Honduras that gave everything so I could have a great birthday.  I honestly felt like a million bucks all day.  

So the day started off actually a little weird!  An Elder that lives here in my area just got back on Thursday from his mission in ENGLAND!  He served in Chad Hamiliton's same mission. How cool is that?  I didn't know Hondurans ever went to Europe on missions.  Anyway, he's a boss missionary and a really great guy.  He slept at our house because he still has two months left on his mission but had to come back to Honduras for visa issues.  He's going to finish his mission down in the heat of Choluteca!  Good luck fella.  The funniest part is he learned English on his mission, but it's all with an English accent!  Ever seen a Latin speaking with a English accent?  Hilarious.  

So after we dropped him off at the office so he could head south we went out to lunch with my buddies to Chili's!  It was really fun. I ate a steak and they told the workers it was my birthday and they sang to me.  A great time.  After eating we went home and I opened all my cards and packages.  Thank you all for all the birthday wishes!!  I was so happy reading all your loving words and seeing some pictures from home!  The best part was definitely the booklet my mom made for me.  It had pictures and stories from all of my birthdays throughout time!  All 20!  It was really cool.

Then we taught a quick lesson to a kid named Kelvin and headed up to the poorer part of our area to the house of Tamassa and Edwin.  They are recent converts and really humble people.  They used like all the money they had to buy me a cake and throw a party for me.  They sang Happy Birthday to me and then I got attacked!  Everyone had icing in their hands and I had no idea!  I got mauled and was literally covered in icing.  A Latin birthday tradition is to dirty up the birthday boy.  You'll see later on but that wasn't the first time I got dirty on my birthday weekend.  I cleaned myself off with the only water they had which was really gross and nasty and then we ate cake and had my favorite tea!  It's lemon tea and it's delicious.  

After that celebration we went back to our apartment complex to visit our investigators that have a baptismal date for this weekend!  Alex, Jenny, and Yansony.  They are really awesome.  And their story is even better!  But I'll tell it to you next week on Thursday!  When I write because Monday will be a regular work day.  We made the cake my mom sent me and they kept joking about how they were going to dump eggs and fish guts and rotten things on my head.  I didn't really believe them, but I was really jumpy everytime someone went behind me.  The cake took a while to make but we finally finsihed and it was delicious!  We ate and I got out scotch free from eggs on the head. We went home and crashed after a long fun day.  

Saturday morning we woke up and I had my birthday breakfast of my favorite cereal Basic 4 while I studied!  Then a knock came at the door and it was Yansony.  He said he needed help moving a TV.  We wnet down and the TV was tiny and so we were a little confused.  Right when we left I got a bucketful of nasty goop dumped on my head!!  They told me it was 3 day rotten eggs, chicken juice, garlic, old milk, and cheese.  It was seriously the worst smell I've ever smelled in my life!  Super gross.  I then had everyone dump pila water all over me and took a shower with my cloths on and washed them with the soap.  haha! I've never smelled so bad in my life...  

So to sum it all up this birthday was one of the best I've ever had.  The reason being not the stuff I recieved, but the LOVE I felt.  So many people at home and here showed me how much they love and care about me and I couldn't get enough of it.  That's how birthday's should be!  Not about the presents, but about what the presents mean!  I love you all and hope you have a great week and a half!  

Like I said next Thursday I'm going to the Temple!  I'm soooo excited!  But for that reason I won't write until Thursday next week!  Sorry!  

Also Today I complete 11 months in the mission!  Woooo!  

Love you all and thanks for sharing the love with me!!  

Elder Lawson

Birthday Lunch at Chili's


Birthday party with Recent Converts Edwin and Tamassa!  

We ate my favorite food Tortillas con Quesillo (Basically quesadillas)




Group shot

Classic Dad on his mission picture.  Go look at his mission picture mural! 
(Check out the spelling of his name on the cake!)

Right before the attack

Icing to the face!!!!  





Best birthday ever!


Getting cleaned up

Them trying to figure out how to spell my name!!  haha

Birthday Celebration 2



Getting the goop dumped on my head



Cleaning up.....again

Basic 4 breakfast!