Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Friday, July 12, 2013

Happy 4th of July!!

This week was great!  On the 4th of July we had our Zone workshop and all dressed very patriotically!  It was really fun.  I gave my first lesson as a zone leader and I think it went really well!  I taught about prayer and how if we have enough faith anything is possible.  I truely believe that.  With enough faith and prayer we can move mountians.  I've seen some mountians moved in my mission! Yesterday my first convert here, Y*, went up and bore her testimony!  It was the coolest thing ever! The first time for sure that that has happened for me.  I seriously couldn't stop smiling when she got the courage to go up there.  

I realized you can see the Temple from my area.  It's super cool.  It's way on the other side of the city so it looks like an ant hill, but still sweet to be sooo close!  One day I'll finally get to go back.  

Embarassing moment - Yesterday we were walking back from lunch appt #2 (We had 2 lunches and 2 dinners yesterday, I thought I was going to explode.) We were walking down a super streep dirt road and I lost my footing a fell all the way to the ground.  Elders Reyes, Underwood, and Prows all started laughing at me but not just them, I looked up the realize that I was right in front of a Catholic Church and all of them were laughing at me too!  It was quite embarassing.  Us stupid gringos...

N* got baptized this week!  She's a little girl that always went to church with her grandma.  She asked me to baptize her!  She loves when we come over to visit her and wants to serve a mission!  

Everyone here the ward is starting to call me Kolipoki.  They think I look like the guy from the other side of Heaven.  I don't know, maybe it's just the combed over hair.  

Crazy City thing - This week it's not really a story, just something I saw.  I taught a guy that had a huge cross shaved into his chest.  It went from nipple to nipple and then down past his belly button.  Yup, there's some nut jobs in honduras!  But he has a great intrest to learn more about Joseph Smith!  

MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 1 MONTH!!!  I've already gotten some birthday stuff and I've decided I'm going to wait until my actual birthday to open everything.  SO there's still time to send things!  They get here surprizingly fast now that I'm in the city.  I've made a little stand to put everything I recieve on so send it quick!  Send your favorite Elder some love!!  :)  

Thank you all for everything!  You're so great!  

Elder Lawson

Birthday stand with gifts waiting to be opened!

Rain, rain, go away!

Wendy's outing for the 4th of July.

The ZONE.

All the gringoes in the zone.

N*'s baptism!

With Y*'s kids, J* and N* - too cute!