Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Friday, May 24, 2013

Work, work, work

Hey Family!  

How is everyone doing?  Summer is starting up there huh!?  That's really exciting!  Things are heating up here too!  But this time it's actually not the weather, it's the work!  Elder Briones and I are getting down to business and getting work done!  (The Lord's work that is...)  We've found a bunch of people to teach it's hard keeping everything organized!  And with having to go and visit all the areas in my district I've just been busier than ever!  But I seriously love it.  

So life in Honduras is the normal.  HOT.  Other than that it's sweaty, smelly, and dirty.  But other than that it's freaking AWESOME!!!!  hahaha We've been losing electricity and water a lot lately.  It's kinda a bummer when it goes out because then I can't cook and have to sweat all night without the fan.  But there are a lot of people that I talk to everyday that can't afford light, so I shouldn't complain.  Some people can't even afford to have a house with 4 walls!  Or have to pull water out of a well and carry it 400 yards to their house.  I did that the other day for a bit to help some people.  I see some very sad things here in Honduras.  But what makes it all better is the fact that we have a loving Heavenly Father and He sent his Son to suffer more than any of us have or will ever suffer in our lives!  And He suffered for US.  FOR US.  Now think about that for a second and then tell me how hard the mission is or how hard school is or how your hungry or how you'll never be as good as others.  LOOK FOR THE MANY BLESSINGS IN YOUR LIVES.  Because I can assure you there are hundreds of thousands of millions of billions.  

Funny Story - Elder Briones and I were sitting on the side of the road drinking some sodas when a really nice old man, that I've actually talked to on the bus a few times approached us.  He started telling us about how great the mission is like everyone does, then he started telling us about a guy from the Bible named Jox.  We were like, "Hmmm.  I've never heard of Jox..."  He assured us it was there so I whipped out my bible and we started looking.  He couldn't find it so we looked in the index and....of course it wasn't there.  All he could tell us about Jox was that he had a ton of faith.  So we looked some more in the index and I saw "Jose Smith" so I said "Hey Hermano I think you mean Jose Smith right?  He had a ton of faith, so much that he prayed about it."  He then said "No I don't think so..."  So I assured him he was looking for Joseph Smith after all and I hope he believed me.  Elder Briones was laughing.  We're pretty sure he was looking for Job...but whatever.  One day he'll realize the truth!  

In church yesterday I was talking with one of my favorite jovens in our ward and we decided to calculate how many times I've been to church in my life. I'm coming up on 1000!  I might have already hit it!  that's a bunch of times!  It's crazy to think that I'm bringing others to there first time in church when they've got thousands to go too!  

So more Homework for you guys!  there's a really cool church video called "A search for truth."  It's on the D&C DVD's.  Look for it and watch it!  it's sooo cool!  Second, DO FAMILY PRAYER.  It only takes like 5 minutes but makes a big difference!  So start tonight during family night (Cause I'm very sure you'll have it) and keep going! 

Thanks mom for the package!!!  Thank all the rest of you for your emails and all your support! I love you! 

Elder Lawson

Making Chocolate no-bake cookies

Something's not right....

They never set.  (Turns out he used Nestle Quick as the chocolate!)

But - they tasted great!
My Package!  It got opened along the way....Sketch?  


Me and Elder Evans!  He's from Sandy, UT.

Wearing a Mexican sombrero with an American Flag in Honduras.  Confused much?

Catching a snake!  

Climbing on the roof of the stake center today!