Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Race!

¡Hola quierdos hermanos!  

¿Qué tal en los Estados?  La vida Honduranio es una vida buena.  Elder Sears y yo estamos trabajando duro y estamos divirtiéndonos.  (Google Translator:  How about in the States? Honduranio life is a good life. Elder Sears and I are working hard and we're having fun.)  We call every Sunday morning "the race" because we literally have to run around our area to get everyone together for church.  This week "the race" was awesome!  We were running around and a bunch of people were coming with us.  After gathering in the front to wait for the van to come pick us all up for church we saw some other members waiting on another road, so we rushed over there and when we turned the corner there were another 15 people walking down the street to come with us!!  Elder Sears and I were literally busting with joy.  We crammed all 30 people into the back of 2 pick-up-trucks and went ourselves to find jalon (to hitch-hike for a ride) to meet them at the church.  After church only the little van was going back to Las Unidas so we had to fit all 30 people into it.  We couldn't fit, so we said "We'll race you there!" and ran to find a jalon to take us home!  A truck stopped to pick us up right as the bus passed by and we were able to pass by them in the back of the truck!  All the little boys thought we were super heros as we zoomed by standing in the back of the truck with our ties flapping in the wind!  It felt pretty awesome.  In the end a very successful Sunday!  It always makes me so happy to see so many people going to church!  

In my personal study this week I've been reading up a lot about Christ-like attributes and how we can become nearer to our Savior as humans.  I was studying the difference between "faith" and "hope."  I learned that faith is things that we believe right now or belief in things that have happened.  Like I believe Christ died for us and I believe my Savior lives.  But hope is our belief in things that are to come.  Our faith as it goes to future events.  Being the math nerd I am I thought of it as a limit.  faith - > hope as x - > infinity.  I also made a comparasion to a flower.  We have a seed of faith and as we nourish it we grow our flower of hope.  But we need to use another Christ-like attribute of patience to let it grow.  Elder Sears added that Charity is the pollen of the flower.  It spreads to help others along their path!  Not sure why I shared this, but just something I thought was cool!  

This Wednesday I get to go to the open house of the temple with our investigators and I'm really excited!  It'll be my first time ever going to an open house.  Also, it's only my 3rd time going to Tegucigalpa.  Everyone here is super DUPER pumped for the temple and they've been doing a ton of work to raise money to have buses to take us.  The members here are really faithful.  The other day we showed up at a member's house and she had been spending all day making white scrunchies for the temple.  Others are at the church every night for activities.  Like I said they're pretty dedicated.  It's awesome.  

Not sure what else to say, time is seriously going by soooo fast and the sweat here in Choluteca is dripping faster!  It's been like 100 degrees everyday.  I hope you all are doing well and had a good Valentine's Day!  

Muchisimus Gracias a Los Jessens, Madison, Andrew, and Jackson por las cartas y a mi madre por el paquete!  (Thanks to Muchisimus Jessens, Madison, Andrew, and Jackson's letters and my mother for the package!)

Digame si tiene preguntas de Honduras!  
Les amo mucho!
(Tell me if you have questions of Honduras!
I love you so much!)

Elder Lawson

Our new house, barbed wire on top! 

The Bathroom 
(This is nice compared to the last one he had.  It was so bad I never posted a pic of it!)

Elder Sears washing pots in the shower

Walking to our laundry lady's house to get clean pants

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!!!   
You´re the best!  I loved it!  And I´m taking the vitamins!