Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I love to see the Temple!!

Hey Family!  

SNOW?!?!  I'm super jealous.  As always it's about 100 degrees here and getting hotter.  Everyone keeps telling us that the hottest time of the year isn't until Easter.  A member told us next month we'll be covered in sweat before the sun even comes up.  Yippee!

This week I had the amazing opportunity to go the Puertas Abiertas del Templo in Tegucigalpa!  As I have said before, right now I'm in a super strong ward.  A lot of the members are at the church almost everyday for activities or meetings.  When news of the Temple came out they all worked together selling things and working to gain enough money to have buses to bring all the people that want to go to the open house there.  They didn't just raise enough money for one bus though, they raised enough to take three separate trips with 3 buses each day!  For this it was our job to invite every person we saw to come to the temple with us!  The first week we couldn't get a single person to come, I'm not sure what happened, but everyone flaked.  But this week we had almost 25 non-members from our area alone that went to the temple with us!  It was great!  We left in the morning on Wednesday around 9am and got back that night around 7.  It's a 3 hour bus ride each way from Choluteca to Tegucigalpa.  The temple here is sooooo pretty.  It was my first time ever going to an open house!  I really enjoyed it.  I can't wait to go through after it's dedicated, President says we'll get to go every 3 months!  We're going back to the open house again this Wednesday.  

As far as the work goes things are well.  We didn't have any baptisms this month, but this weekend we have a family of three!  I'm excited.  March looks like it's going to be a very sucessful month.  We have the chance to have almost 10 baptisms!  So we'll see what happens!  We've just been super busy with the temple trips and baptismal interviews lately time seems to be FLYING by!  I hope it's going fast for you too!  

Hay un montón de experiencias espirituales en mi misión y lo siento que no se las digo.  Creo que mi parte favorito de la misión es a dar mi testimonio en lecciones.  El otro día yo estaba en una lección con una investigadora que todavía no ha recibido una respuesta de sus oraciones.  Ella ha leído partes del libro de mormón y dice que ha orado, pero como muchas personas aquí ella no ha orado específicamente para ver que si estas cosas son verdaderas.  Yo di mi testimonio que la iglesia es verdadera, y si nosotros hacemos nuestro parte y leer, meditar, y orar vamos a recibir una respuesta de nuestras oraciones.  Yo sé ésta porque yo he orado y yo he recibido una respuesta.  Si nosotros pedimos con fe y un conocimiento que vamos a recibirla, Dios va a contestar nuestras oraciones   Él siempre está para nosotros.  Como sus hijos él solo quiere ayudarnos a encontrar la verdad, pero él no puede hacer nada si nosotros no hacemos nuestro parte.  Mi desafió a ustedes es lean y oren.  No importa si ya es miembro o no.  Lean y Oren y ustedes van a recibir una respuesta.  Yo se lo prometo.  Yo les testifico en el nombre de Jesucristo, amén.  

Elder Lawson

Translation thanks to www.translate.google.com:

There are a lot of spiritual experiences on my mission and I'm sorry to say they are not. I think my favorite part of the mission is to give my testimony in lessons. The other day I was in a lesson with an investigator who has not yet received a response to your prayers. She has read parts of the Book of Mormon and says he has prayed, but as many people here she has prayed specifically to see if these things are true. I gave my testimony that the church is true, and if we do our part and read, meditate, and pray we will receive an answer to our prayers. I know this because I have prayed and I have received a response. If we ask in faith and knowledge that we will receive it, God will answer our prayers He is always for us. As his children he just wants to help us find the truth, but he can not do anything if we do not do our part. My challenge to you is to read and pray. No matter if you are a member or not. Read and Pray and you will receive a response. I can promise you. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Chasing some baby pigs with the Book of Mormon



Living my secret dream of being a honduran bus operator

 Going to the temple!! 



Another HUGE scorpion! 

Honduran Sunset

New Haircut!  It's SUPER short on the sides!

The beautiful path Elder Sears and I made in the backyard.
More information on this taken from Elder Sear's email:  "We moved into a new house and I love it! we got some cement blocks and made a trail out to our pila and put some stones on either side to make it pretty. the grass was completely dead so we started scooping water out of the pila and chucking it all over the grass in the backyard.  It's suprisingly relaxing, just throwing water on the grass and watching it get greener everyday, our lawn has made a lot of progress."