Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Feliz año nuevo!

Hooola!  

How was your Christmas!?!?  Mine was great!  I got to Skype with my family and I loved it!  It was so great to see all of them with the Christmas tree and everything!  After talking with them I made myself Christmas Breakfast!  It was great to have some eggs bacon and toast!  yum! Here in Honduras there are a ton of crazy traditions for the holidays!  I told you about Christmas a little already how they party all night and sleep all the next day.  I found out that a lot of them stayed up until 6AM dancing on Christmas!  Very different!  Tonight is New Year's eve and they're going to do the same again!  I want to join in sooo bad!  It'd be really fun to party with the Catrachos!  I also already told you about "Ano Viejos".  We want to make one ourselves!  So we might do that tonight.  We'll see!  Another tradition is called Dia de los inocentes - it's Dec 28th.  It's like the Latin April fools day.  We pulled an awesome prank on Elder Adams our zone leader.  Elder Sears called him and said we got chased by thugs and he got away but I was still out there.  He was like, "uh....what!?"  He totally believed it!  It was hilarious.  

I've found out this week that I'm forgetting English.  It's a good thing because it means my Spanish is progressing, but it's so pathetic!  I tried to give a prayer in English and I switched to Spanish halfway though cause I couldn't do it!  After saying close to 10 prayers everyday in Spanish it was really weird to say one in English!  

The work is going well!  We haven't had as much sucess as we'd like, but we're happy with how it's going.  We might have some baptisms soon!  The other day one of our investigators asked us if we thought he'd ever be mormon!  It was a really gutsy questions, but we responded with of course!  He's like the smartest guy I've met in Honduras and I really hope he gets baptised!  The gospel can bless all of these people's lives so much if they will just accept it!  

A lot of you have asked what kinds of stuff I'd like to be sent!  So I made a list..:) One thing I'd LOVE is a paperback math workbook.  Like with Algebra and Calculus problems.  Call me a nerd, but the other day I relized I forgot how to do all math!  It made me super sad.  So PDAYs would be fun with a little math time!  But other than that, Cheeze-its/goldfish, an American Flag, Fruit Snacks, candy, english church magazines (friend, ensign, etc.), Picutres (both de email and more so de snail mail so I can keep them in my picture book!) and MUSIC!  I'd love a ton of Motab, classical, Josh Groban and EFY music!  I'm thinking about buying an ipod shuffle to put it all on but we'll see what I do.  The music on a flash drive would be great!  

Thank you all sooo much for the constant love and support!  You're the best!  Have a happy new year!  And don't forget to pray for the kid living it up in Honduras eating sketchy meat, weird fruits, and a TON of tortillas; getting chased by dogs, talking with crazy people, riding on speeding buses, hunting iguanas, walking dirt roads, preaching the Gospel, and LOVING every second of it!  I'll be praying for all of you too!  

I Love You!
Elder Lawson

Cooking Christmas breakfast and the church.  Tyler was so excited to cook all this food. He spent a small fortune for the eggs, bread, and bacon.




Our duck friend that hung out in our backyard one day.  It was beautiful!  
We named him Donald.   

Playing soccer at the capilla in full missionary clothes!  We won 8 games in a row!  Missionary power!!  I scored 5 goals, no biggie. 


I remarked how sweaty they looked and he said, "I sweat all day everyday.  From the moment I get out of the shower I'm coated in sweat."

Scary fish for lunch, but I was excited to see the vegetables.  He said "Eh, it wasn't bad!  I kinda liked it!  And it was the usual cabbage and tomatoes we get occasionally." Better than mystery meat I suppose.


Tyler's desk.

P-day basketball rivalry!  Elder Sears, Elder Adams (Zone Leader), Elder Lawson.