Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Free at last, Free at last!!! (LAST week in the MTC)


Buenos Dias!!
Wow it's been a great week here in the beautiful country of Honduras!  haha PSYCHE!  I'm sorry so many of you thought I was leaving last week!  I thought I made it clear that my flight isn't until THIS monday night.  SORRY!  But I'm super excited!  I'm starting to get really tired of doing the same thing everyday at the MTC and having the same arguements with my companions and it'll be super duper nice to be back in the real world!  Today in the cafeteria a worker's cell phone started ringing and it was playing bye bye bye and now it's totally stuck in my head!  It's the first non-motab song I've heard in 2 months!  It's crazy how sheltered we are here in the MTC..  It's super weird being away from all worldly things!  So you know that thing where your leg kinda twitches or something and you think it's your phone vibrating and so you check it and it was just nothing?  Well that happened to me the other day and it was super awkward reaching into my empty pocket to find no phone..  It's actually super weird to ever think I had a phone or watched non chuch movies/music!  It all seems so satanic to me now!  haha
I've realized that my testimony of this gospel has grown sooooo incredibly much since I've been here.  I love it so much!  It's amazing what taking the worldly things out of you life and filling it with Christ and his teachings can do!  I'm so greatful I have the oppertunity to share this amazing gospel with the world in just 5 short days!  I can't wait to get out there and tell them that they have a loving Father in heaven and he loves us!  And how I know that if we do all we can to turn towards the savior and live like he did, we can one day have happiness beyond imaginable!  Just think of the song "I'm trying to be like Jesus" it's so simple and we've learned it since childhood.  Just try as best you can to be like Jesus Christ.  I know that if we keep the commandments that our Father in Heaven has given us and be worthy to recieve blessings, he will pour them out to us!  Whenever anything troubles you PRAY.  Whenever you have big decesions to make, PRAY.  Whenever you feel like giving up, PRAY.  Our Heavenly Father will answer our prayers and give us the help that we need!  I know it and I can't wait to go tell all of the people of Honduras these great truths! 
Thanks to Mom, Dad, Abby, Dylan, Aunt Taryn & Elyse for the letters and package!, Grandma, Aunt Sarah & Uncle John for the letter and package!, Elder Slik, Sister Hekking, and Kylie for the letters!  I really do love them! 
If any of you have any last minute advice or things you want to tell me you can still write a "dearelder" to me before monday at 12 noon and I'll get it on monday before I leave!  If you don't write it now I probably won't get it for a few weeks! 
I love you all!  Thank you soooo much for all your love and support!  My next letter will be from Honduras!  AHHHH!!! 
-Elder Lawson
PS - I attached a bunch of random MTC pictures!  Hope you like them!