Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Friday, November 2, 2012

Almost There! (Week 8)


Buenos Días Hermanos y Hermanas!! 
Guess what I got this week!?!?!  My travel itinerary!!  Ahhhh!!  It's so exciting!  I'm finally getting out of here!  Haha!  (I actually don't hate this place, I just feel trapped sometimes.)  I'm so excited to go to Honduras though!  I leave here on Monday "Tuesday" night at 1AM and fly to Atlanta.  I get there around 6AM and leave for Honduras at 10AM!!  I get a 30 min call from the airport, so mom let me know if you'd rather me call from SLC around 11pm on monday or from Atlanta around between 5 and 7AM Tuesday morning.  haha I know those are two terrible options huh! 
On other news, Happy 8th birthday to Elyse last Saturday!!  And I hope you enjoy your baptism tomorrow!  You're just like all the people I'm going to baptize in Honduras! 
Ok so now for some world news, what's this I hear about a hurricane?  I had no idea there was a storm happening.  I hear the subways in NYC and flooded??  Craziness.  We don't really get any news about anything here at the MTC but our Branch President mentioned this storm in church on Sunday so I thought I'd ask you for more details!  And how's my boy Mitt doing?  Election day is this week!  I can't wait to hear about it! 
So how was everyone's Halloween?!  Mine was actually pretty awesome!  In the top ten of my life for sure!  But I've only had 19 so that's not saying too much....  It was our second to last week here so we got the privilage of hosting!  Basically that's where you pick up the new missionaries and bring them to get there books and tags and stuff!  It was really fun!  All my buddies and I were just being goofs and making the new elders feel welcome!  I think I'm hosting again next week and I'm really excited because Tyler Peacock is coming!  I'm going to try my best to find him and host him!  The earlier he comes the better and if he tells me what kind of car he'll be in it'll be nice and easy!  Needless to say I'm really excited to host again and to see Elder Peacock.  So Wednesday night in honor of Halloween, I had the great idea to all take loads of hair gel and slick our hair to the side!  I attached some pictures!  It was a brilliant idea and we all looked hilarious!  That night at the dorms we went trick or treating and some elders in my zone made a spook alley that was soooo funny!  There was an elder in a full bunny rabbit suit, nuff said.  haha
So this week we were getting dressed and a button fell off of Elder Preul's jacket and he was bummed and then I said "Our beds aren't made, we eat the same food everyday, OUR JACKET BUTTONS ARE FALLING OFF!!"  To which he replied, "So I want to go some place where we know someone who can get us some real investigators!" I responded with "Let me tell you about a little place where the trees are lush and green and the investigators instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrono, and little place called HOooodurrraaasss!"  Haha, It was hilarious! 
Also I thought of a great christmas present!  A soccer ball!  If somehow a soccer ball could make it down to Honduras, I would absolutley love that!  :)
Thanks sooo sooo soooooo much to Dad(x2), Dylan, Mom(x2), Grandma and Grandpa(x2), Aunt Sarah and Uncle John, and Elyse for the letters this week! 
Love,
Elder Lawson

Halloween "costumes"

Slicked back hair for Halloween

Travel Itinerary!