Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Friday, October 19, 2012

HOOOOOOOLLLAA! ¿Comó Están Ustedes? (Week 6)


Another super speedy week here at the MTC!  I seriously don't understand how time flies so fast.  I'll litterally be sitting in class and be like wow it's already 6pm?  I just woke up!  But I like it.  I can't believe I've been here over a month though. 
Everyone keeps asking me when I'm getting a new companion!  I'm not!  That's the point of a trio.  Here in the MTC I'd say probably 10% of missionaries are in trios.  So It's just Elder Chapman, Elder Preul, and I together all the time!  But that's alright cause they're sooo funny!  But again, I just wish they would be a little more focused sometimes because I get unfocused really easily so that's the downfall of our trio. 
Elder Preul's Birthday was this week and his mom sent him golf clubs and Halloween decorations!  So needless to say we totally decked out our room!  We call it "Halloween Town." 
Okay, funny spanish story of the week!  An elder in my district, Elder Bradley (He's from Missouri and going to Texas) was trying the say in Spanish "I sewed my shirt" which is "Yo cosí mi camisa" but instead he said "Yo casé mi camisa" which means "I married my shirt." It was quite commical!  We laughed a lot.  Also another elder in my district, Elder Clawson (From San Diego and going to Chile) is the funniest kid ever.  He's super corky and hilarious.  This week he said "Baptism shouldn't be called bautismal it should be bautisbien!"  We all died laughing!  (mal means bad and bien means good)  Funny stuff! 
Thanks to Emily, Mom, Graham, Abby, the Jessens, Jackie, and Dylan for the letters!   Also a special thanks to Papooh for the package!  I got it on Tuesday and needless to say, the two bags of Dunkin' Dounuts jelly filled dounut holes are gone!
Again, thanks so much to you all!  I am so blessed!  In our room we just have a HUGE stash of goodies!  I don't know how we're ever going to eat it all!  So in all honesty I don't really need any more sweets!  I've already gained 5 pounds since I've been here!  Ahhh!  I weight 150 now!  But anyway, if you could save all goodies and send them to me in the field I would love that!  I hear as missionaries we get pounded with goodies at the MTC when we have 3 solid meals a day and then when we're starving in the field they have nothing!  So I've been loading myself up with sweets now because I know I'll be wishing for them in the field!   haha
But snacks and little toys are greatly appreciated here at the MTC!!  
Sorry my email today was really scatterbrained!  Porfavor perdoname! 
Love,
Elder Lawson
PS - Is Trenton home yet?  And have you heard anything from Chase Jenson?  He left two weeks ago to Paraguy and I want to know what it's like down there!  I hear it's nuts! 


P-day golf tournament?


All the pros use these special clubs!


Haven't we seen this picture?  Running out of interesting things to photograph?


Halloween Town!  My money is on Tyler's bed being the bottom left.  
I know he can't sleep without TWO pillows.


Entire district in matching ties.  Because they don't look enough like drones normally.