Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Come Unto Christ (Week 7)


Hooooooola!! 
¿¿Comó están ustedes??  I hope you had as good a week as I did!! 
Ok so news of the week - On Sunday I was relased as District Leader and Elder Vincent was called (my 6 weeks were up).  It's nice not having to stress about my district anymore, but the biggest bummer is I no longer get to go get the mail!  :( It used to be my favorite part of every day!  I would sing the mail song from Blue's Clues "Here's the mail it never fails, it makes me want to wag my tail, when it comes I want to wail!!!!  MAILLLLLL!!!"  
In other news President Brown, Our MTC Mission President, made the worst possible announcement he could have on Sunday.  He announced that because it is getting colder, the winter dress code would now be enacted, meaning we have to wear our suit coats everywhere.  I've just been wearing my jacket with un-matching pants.  I don't even care. 
Ok, so I've been really excited to share this thought with you all week!  I've really learned a lot lately about the Book of Mormon.  We had a lesson on it with our stake president during district meeting.  He really opened my eyes to the importance of the Book of Mormon.  We learn everyday here at the MTC that if we can get our investigators reading the Book of Mormon, and gain a testimony of this one true book, then the rest will just fall into place!  If the Book of Mormon is true, then José Smith was a true prophet and everything he restored is true!  Meaning, the whole church!  How great is that?  Who knew so much power was in on little book!?  So I encourage you all to read it for yourselves and pray to know it's true.  I know it's true.  And I know you will know it's true if you open your hearts and sincerely pray! 
Ok.  So here's the second thing I realized about the Book of Mormon this week.  I was reading in Helaman on Tuesday in chapter 7.  Here the people are very very wicked and Nephi is the prophet.  He tells the people the wicked judge is going to die for a sign and they go and check it out and as dad would say, "There was a lot of confusion" and the people still don't believe Nephi's words!  (I drew a picture for the rest of the story so look at that) But after reading this first part I was really excited to keep reading and I ended up reading till chapter 11!  Anyway, the thing I learned and the thing that amazes me, is how dumb the people of the Book of Mormon are.  The prophets give them sign after sign and they continue to disobey!  Why?!!  I mean come on guys!  The prophet tells you over and over to come unto Christ and you keep ignoring him!  Sheesh.  This passage made me really realize that the BoM really is another testament of Jesus Christ, not only in the fact that it straight up testifies of him, but it shows the consequences of sin and rejecting the Lord.  We all need to do our best to stay on the path to avoid sin.  Like I've said before, the path to happiness and eternal life is so easy!  All we have to do is choose the right and live like our Savior as best we can, and we will be blessed!  I can guarantee to you it will be worth it in the end if we just obey!  Don't be dumb like the Nephites!  Listen to our prophets and apostles today and follow their council.  COME UNTO CHRIST as best you can.  I know you will never EVER regret it! 
A lot to soak in, I know, but it's all true!  Ok, so what else, I'm still playing a lot of soccer, and I'm loving it!  Random Elders keep telling me I'm good and asking if I played in High School!  You know how I love complements :)  I've taken a bunch of pictures this week!  I'm going to try to send a lot today!  There are some of me filling out my ballot!  Which was really exciting!  Another of me in a hammock Elder Chapman and I made on P-Day.  Another is of me knighting Elder Vincent with the DL binder.  Oh!  And there's ones of me and all my BYU buddies by the map!  Elder Price and Elder Jones left this week!  It's crazy Elder Jones is in Honduras now!  I got to see him like 5 different times the day he left!  I really want to hear how he's doing!  I can't wait to get down there!  Also, has any one heard anything from Graham?  He wrote me and said he might be heading back out!  I'd love to hear where he's at!!  Also I'm sooooo excited to see Tyler Peacock in a week and a half!  It's going to be great! 
Sorry BYU football is down the toilet, but it's better for me!  I'd be killing myself right now if they were still undefeated and ranked.  Georgia Tech this week?  Go Cougs! 
Probably the most exciting thing to happen this week was that it snow yesterday!  It was insane!  We were just studying on the 5th floor looking out the window and this huge cloud just comes down off of the mountian and starts dumping on us!  We all grabbed our stuff and immediately ran outside!  This was the first time Elder Chapman had ever seen it snow!  Crazy huh?  He's from Arizona!  The snow made the MTC come alive!  It was so great!  This morning it was sooooo super cold walking to the temple!  I was having flash backs to the days walking up to the school from seminary.  No bueno!!
Lately we've been trying to talk as much as possible in Spanish only and it's been going pretty well!  I can say almost everything it just takes a while sometimes.  The funniest thing was talking about politics in Spanish!  I'm really excited for this election!  Lots of people at the MTC are voting.  I can't wait to see how this place explodes on the morning of the 7th when Rommney wins!  It's gonna be great!  I'm just a little bummed I'll be out of the country for his first 2 years in office!  It's ok though, because I'll get to be around fof his next 6!  :)
Thanks to Grandma, Mom, Dad, Josh, Drew, and Kylie for the letters! 
And a special thanks to Aunt Sarah and Uncle John for 2 letters this week!  One in which I recieved at 5PM AFTER I had already sent my weekly email at 9AM.  And the other in which I recieved later this week! 
I love you all and how you are doing well! 
Elder Lawson

Dorm Hammock

I have no idea.....

Knighting the new District Leader, Elder Vincent

Elder Wray and Elder Lawson: best friends, BYU roomies, and MTC zone buddies!

Even Missionaries turn into little boys again 
around fall leaves.

Let me see if I can get this correct:  
Elder Boyd, Elder Wray, Elder Jones, Elder Lawson, Elder Price, and Elder Page
All from BYU 112th ward!

Elder Jones, Tyler's BYU friend who recently left for Honduras.  He's in the other mission but chances are they will run into each other from time to time down there.

Filling out his first Presidential ballot!


An official American!

Heleman Chapter 7 - Tyler's drawing

There's no business like SNOW business.

Elder Chapman's first snow!