Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Friday, October 5, 2012

Another great week! (Week 4)


Hola mis amores!!
Wow! I can't believe it's P-Day already!  Time is flying by sooo crazy fast!  I feel like it should only be monday or something.  A great elder once said "The weeks feel like days and the days feel like weeks".  It's soooo true!  Weeks just zoom by!  Especially when we're so busy which I love!  Ok so guess what I did this week! I hope you're all proud of me! I sewed a tie!  Yup! The back of one of my ties came un-done and so I pulled out my handy dandy sewing kit and fixed it all up!  If Tyler Lawson can sew something without the help of his mother, Anything is possible!  So that was my accomplishment of the week..
So last week my district decided we wanted to do a musical number in sacrement meeting!  We sang hymn #50 "Mas Cerca Dios de ti" which is "Nearer my God to thee"  it went really well!  It was the first time I had ever been in a special musical number in sacrament!  It was pretty great.  Church here is really different. We have priesthood around 9 or so and then Sacrament at like 1:45 and no sunday school!  Sacrement is in half english and half spanish. It's conducted in english but we sing, pray, and give talks in spanish.  I really like it!  By the way, my spanish prayers are getting sooo much better!  I'm at the point where I can say them pretty easily! 
My companion Elder Marques left on Tuesday morning and it was sad to see him go.  It's really weird not having him around.  I guess that's a side effect fo spending 4000 hours straight with the guy.  But I really love being in a trio with Elder's Preul and Chapman.  They're seriously my best buds right now.  They are both from Arizona and going to my same mission in Honduras.  Both of them are super funny and we laugh like all the time.  The only tough thing is I wish they were just a tad more serious sometimes, but other than that I love them! 
It's funny being on a mission because every day is pretty much the same schedule, you lose tract of the days really easily.  Last saturday I was walking across the street to go to the soccer fields (como siempre) and I saw all these people going for runs and walking and driving around!  And I was like "Wow why are so many people not at work/school?" and then I realized that it was saturday and that's why they were out and about!  What's also weird is the fact that I'm really on a mission right now.  I'M ON A MISSION!!!  It still gets me everyday when I put my nametag on that I'm really doing this.  The MTC just feels like summer camp and then I'll be going home before I go to Honduras for my real mission, but NOPE!  This is the real deal!  I'm on the clock right now!  And in just 6 short weeks I'll be in a forgien country speaking a forgien language!  Craziness. 
The best thing happened to me yesterday.  We were teaching our "Investigator" Maricela about baptism and the Holy ghost and my companions looked to me to say something.  And then, I just strated busting out spanish without even thinking!  My companion later said "Elder you were just conjugating verbs like nobody's business." It felt so great!  I know the spirit was guiding me 100%.  I'm so greatful for the spirit in my life.  It's so helpful.  Our Heavenly Father is a genius.  He's put everything together so perfectly so that we can have the most happiness.  And the plan is so simple!  He made it simple for US.  5 simple steps, First Faith in him, second repentance for your sins, third baptism, forth recieving the Holy Ghost, and Lastly enduring to the end.  That's it!  We just need to do our best to be the best people we can be in following all of his commandments!  So I challenge you to take this week and pick a commmandment you want to follow and do your best to follow it with exactness!  I promise you will be blessed!  And watch general conference!  I can't tell you how excited I am to watch it this weekend!  It's gonna be great. 
Thanks to Andrew Lauer, Josh, Dad, Mom, Kylie(x2), The Jessens(x2), Graham, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Sarah, Aunt Dee, and Dylan for the letters!  I really love them!  I'm soooo blessed!  I'm the only one I know who has recieved a letter every single day I've been here and you don't know how much that means to me!  24 days straight! 
Also some Honduras Swag to decorate our dorm room would be super great!  And maybe some algebra problems and jokes in spanish I'd love too!  Thanks!! 
I Love you all!
Elder Lawson
Mom!!!  Also I need the addresses for Derek, Coleton, Seth, and most of all Chad!!  Gracias! 

Elder Preul, Elder Chapman, Elder Lawson

We've been waiting for this pic, an MTC tradition.  Elder Wray (Mexico bound) 
and Elder Lawson (Honduras bound).

Weekly service assignment.  Good thing his mom made him clean toilets early on!

Be all you can be?  Not really sure....