Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Friday, September 28, 2012

The Hearts of Men Will Fail Them - Week 3

Hola Hola mis amores!!!

Como estan??  Just another glorious week at the MTC!!  I'm loving life here!  Everything is so orderly it's really nice!  I wake up every morning at 6:30 and go from there!  It's great!  I seriously LOVE gym time soooo much!  I have played soccer every single gym time since I got here and I still love it sooo much! That's one thing I always loved to do at home and at school, but I could never seem to get enough people together to be able to have a fun competitive game, but here it's great!  There are some serious ballers and even though I'm not the best soccer player, I still have a blast!  I probably score a goal about once a week, no big deal..  haha.  The food is still great too!!  I'm not sick of it yet, but I have toned down how much I eat.  I have been eating way WAY too much here at the MTC!  

I hope you like the pictures!  I took 30 pictures this week and sent the best ones!  I want to see a comparison between my toilet picture and dad's! I tried to recreate it as best as possible!  I've started just carrying my camera around with me.  

Funny story of the week, it's not really that funny but here at the MTC we don't get "real" humor so everything is really funny to us!  The time before bed is seriously the funniest of the day.  We have from 9:30 until 10:15 to get ready for bed and it's like our fun time to wind down from the day and just relax.  I love it.  There's a lot of black market tie trading and lots of jokes and saying things in funny accents.  haha I don't know how to explain it, but it's just really funny.  Anyway, my story doesn't even come from that time of the day, but here goes... During class one day we were learning about how to deal with stress better and as an example of a stressful situation our teacher had us go outside and once we were outside she told us to run around the MTC as fast as we could!  We were in our shirts and ties and were like, uh... ok?  And so we took off running.  All the other missionaries that were sitting around studying gave us really weird looks, so as I was chasing after my fellow district mates, I started yelling "Tengo un mensaje para usted sobre Jesucristo!!"  haha it was great! That means "I have a message for you about Jesus Christ!" So just picture me in full mission attire running at top speed yelling that in Spanish.  Ok, so it's not that funny, but a few missionaries laughed!  

This last Sunday I decided to fast for help getting along with my companion and help learning Spanish.  It was the first time I'd ever done a full 24 hour fast!  It was actually 25.5 hours total!  So after fasting, on Monday we had another lesson with our "investigator" Mariana.  (She's really just my teacher) but during our lesson I knew what her and my companion were saying the whole time and I was able to contribute to the lesson off the top of my head!  And my companion and I got along great! I knew it was directly associated with my fast, It was such a testimony builder!  The MTC is full of testimony building experiences!  It's amazing.  

The computers we use have access to Lds.org, so needless to say I've listened to all the music on there and watched most of the videos.  (When the schedule says "Tall lab" that means computer lab time used to study spanish).  But the Mormon Message I like most is called "The hearts of men will fail them."  It's of M. Russell Nelson telling about faith.  I strongly recommend watching it.  What he says is true. With faith, nothing can hurt us.  If we have absolute faith we have nothing to worry about.  Nothing to fear.  God has a plan for us and if we trust in him and his plan, follow his commands, and continually follow those commands, we will find happiness beyond imagining.  I challenge all of you to watch this video and really think about how much your Father in heaven and Jesus Christ love you.  They love you more than you can imagine!  Jesus Christ gave his life for us and only through his Atonement can we return to live with both of them again in the kingdom of heaven.  I know this to be true, and I want all of the people of the world to know it too.  

Thanks to Dylan, Mom, Abby, Grandma, Graham, Aunt Sarah, The Jessens, and Abby for the letters this week!!  I'm seriously soooo blessed!  I've been here for 16 days now and I've recieved a letter every single day!  You all are seriously the best!  I have 13 letters to write today so I'm sorry if I don't get back to some of you but I'll try my best!  

Have a great week!!  
I love you all,
Elder Lawson
The first two photos are Tyler's attempt to copy pictures that Todd (Tyler's Dad) took when he was in the MTC 30 years ago.  Unfortunately, those pics are all on slides!  We will have them made into pics and share them as a comparison.


He obviously has something to say.

A copy of his father's pic from the MTC 30 years ago!  Back then Tyler's dad was testing out new galoshes, here Tyler is just mocking his father.  A family tradition.

Roomies!

Classroom time - their home away from home.

TALL lab, studying Spanish.