Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras

Elder Lawson's Adventures in Honduras
Heleman 13:4, "And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart."

Saturday, September 22, 2012

So Many EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!


Hola todos!!!
 
First a shout out to Abby for her 17th birthday on Monday!!  I wrote the date during planning time and I was like, Hey!  Today is my sister's birthday!  So happy golden birthday to her!!
 
This week went by sooo fast!  The first 4 days of the MTC were cray crazy slow but then everything sped up after Sunday!  I'm District leader so I have 3 extra meetings to go to on Sundays.  I spent 9 hours in meetings this Sunday!  Crazy!  But it serioulsy went by soooo fast!  I really actually like Sundays.  It just something different and I like that!  And I kinda like the meetings too...Call me crazy but I like being up on the know how so being in charge is the best!!  So I really like that! 
 
I'm sorry I couldn't tell you everything in my last letter, there's just so much to say and so little time!!  So I attached some pictures to this email.  One is of my daily schedule so now you all can know what I'm doing every second of every day!!  So Great!  Also there are pictures of my new spanish scriptures which were free and I got them engraved for free too!  Bueno!  There's also a picture of me and all my roomates at the temple and one of me with each of them!  Elder Marques (My companion) is the darker skinned one (since he's Portugese..)  Elder Chapman is the tall one and Elder Pruil is the HUGE one!  He's seriously so jacked.  And all he eats is like super healthy stuff.  I definitely eat the most unhealthy out of all of my buddies...  But it's all right!  I'm not fat yet right?  I'm really liking the food here.  Lunch is my favorite meal!  I seriously eat soooo much!  The only bummer is dinner is a 4:45 everyday and I am used to eating at like 7 or 8 so such an early dinner is no bueno.  But back to my roommates!  Neither Elder Jeff Champman nor Elder Alex Pruil have recieved a single letter yet from anyone and I feel bad cause I've recieved like 20... SO They're both pretty attractive guys and they told me that if any of you ladies out there want to write them a letter they would greatly appreciate it!!  :)  They have the same address as me so it's easy to write them!  They are seriously my best friends here.  My comp and I don't get along all that well and we have a lot of miscommunications, don't get me wrong I love Elder Marques, we just don't click all that well, but Elders Chapman and Pruil are seriously sooooo funny!  We just laugh and have sooo much fun!  I can definitely see myself being friends with them post-mish.  They are both going to Honduras Tegucigulpa as well!  In my district us 3 are going to Honduras.  Two elders are going to Texas, one to Idaho, Elder Marques to Spain, and the last is Chile!  All Spanish speaking of course.
 
Sorry this letter is going to be all over the place but you'll just have to deal with it so I can get everything out that I need to in the short ammount of time!  I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you last week but Elder Wray and Elder Boyd (BYU) are both in my zone!  Which means there classrooms are like 3 doors down from mine they live in my building and we have the same church, gym, meal, and Pday times!!  It's very very GREAT!!!  I see each of them at least 3 or 4 times a day.  Also Elder McKay Snyder is in my district?  He was friends with the Summer Semester BYU kids this year and so I see him a lot!  I've seen Elder Jones (BYU also going to Honduras) a few times and breifly chatted with him.  I've ran into Elders Price and Vassau (BYU) in the cafeteria a lot and that nice to see them too!  Also Elder Jenson is around and I chatted with him at the temple this morning.  It's really nice to have so many people I know!  And the MTC is so small I see a lot of them all the time which is super nice!  Oh!  And I also saw the Merediths this week!  They work in the kitchen and so I got to see them and say hi which was cool! 
 
So Gym time is my favortie time of every day.  I play soccer every single day.  It's so freaking fun!  I'm actually getting pretty good too!  The other day I did this sweet shot where I lobbed it right over the goalie's head and he dove backwards and barely missed it and it went in the back of the net.  It needed to be on MTC sports center or something.  I'm not nearly as good as some of the other Elders though.  A lot of them are seriously AMAZING at soccer.  They can just dribble it and juke like no other!  I stole the ball from one of them once and it was like the best thing to ever happen to me.  It's crazy how many Spanish speaking elders there are.  When we play soccer it's all in spanish.  We say "paselo" (pass it) or "Cruzalo" (cross it) or "Aqui aqui!" (here here) all the time!  It's so fun. 
 
Mom!  I met the first missionarey ever from the country of Kazakhstan, and guess what!  It's a Sister Missionary!  I thought you would like that. 
 
The Spanish is coming along all right!  Thanks for the prayers!  Keep 'em coming!  Elder Marques is still a ton better than me and it's a little frustrating, but I get by!  I just panic in our discussions cause I have no idea what to say let alone how to say it! But I'm learning and that's all that matters!  I've still got 8 weeks to get it down! 
 
The BYU game sounds like a total bummer!  But I sure am glad I missed it!  I hear the Bells at BYU all the time and it makes me remember the good 'ole days, but I love where I'm at now and have no regrets so it's all good!! 
 
 
Thanks to Dylan, Grandma, Dad, Mom, Aunt Sarah, The Jessens, Kylie, Graham, and Tyler for the letters!  I seriously love them!  Yesterday I got 8 letters and a package!  It was seriously the best day of my life.  I was soooo happy! 
 
Please keep the letters coming!  It's nice to have something to read at night before I go to bed!  Just write about your lives and ask me questions and I'll write you back! 
 
That's all I have time for!  I'm 5 minutes over the time... whoops!  I hope you like the pictures!! 
I love you all!
 
Elder Lawson
 
OH!  PS could you get me Derek's address??  Please and Thank you!!